Hey, neighbors! Dylan Siwicki here with your brand new issue of the Dearborn Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Warm with some sun. High: 70 Low: 39.
Here are the best stories in Dearborn today:
- Dearborn Heights dealership is part of man’s $201,000 vehicle swindle. (Dearborn Press and Guide)
- Man Shoot On the Southfield Freeway to Dearborn: Police. (Dearborn patch)
- Dearborn Area Pets Need A house: Hermie, Morpheus, Puddle and more. (Dearborn patch)
- Experience flavors from around the world during Dearborn Restaurant Week. (FOX 2 Detroit)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you by Ring, a Patch brand partner. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts? (CNET reviewers called the new system – known as the Ring Alarm Pro – “a giant leap forward for home security”). So why the congratulations?
In a nutshell: Ring Alarm Pro can protect your home online and offline. It includes a built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router to help you get reliable physical and digital security in one innovative device. Now you can help protect your home with all the benefits of the Ring Alarm, to keep your home safe and secure, while enjoying fast and reliable connectivity.
To learn more about the system CNET called “the future of home security” or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Dearborn:
- Public Museum Hours – Automotive Hall of Fame (10:00 a.m.)
- Lotus Mentoring, Shiva Gumate and Jean Overman (12:00 p.m.)
- Persons with Disabilities Commission – City of Dearborn – Town Public Meetings (6:00 p.m.)
- Committee of the Whole – City of Dearborn – Town Public Meetings (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Next door neighbor, Beech/Edison: “Hi neighbours. – I am currently fostering this very good boy. (He thinks he is a lapdog.) Rebellious dogs found him posted in an abandoned kennel. He is obedient, walks on a leash, neutered and a pleasure all around. If you are interested in…” (Nextdoor)
- Next door neighbor, Levagood: “Hello beautiful neighbors, looking for someone to tear up the carpet and install 200 square feet of vinyl planks to give us an estimate. – Thanks in advance 😊❤️” (Nextdoor)
- Next door neighbour, Snow Woods: “Hi neighbours! – So my husband tried to assemble our new bikes by himself and they are definitely having trouble lol. If anyone handy with that kind of thing can come and help us with some extra work ! Thank you !” (next door)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Southwestern Outer Drive: “looking for housekeeper, vaccinated, must be comfortable with large but friendly dogs (although I can crate them if that’s a deal breaker). – by OL Smith School . back f…” (Beside)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Dearborn Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Thursday on the right foot. I’ll join you early tomorrow morning with your next update!
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. Correlated with working in journalism, I had an incredible opportunity to study and write about many different cultures and backgrounds at the Piast Institute, which also helped prepare me for this role. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]